We’re hiring an
Experienced Flood Modeler.
Flooding is the top-ranking natural disaster in terms of insured/uninsured losses. The development of reliable methods for flood simulation has highly improved our ability to predict these events so to reduce damages, life losses, and improve resilience. However, there is still much room for improvement and that exactly where you can help us!
We’re a dynamic and international R&D company focusing on geospatial applications and modeling of water risks, especially floods. We collaborate with almost every sector: public, private, NGOs, and research institutions. We are determined to make the world a more sustainable and resilient place with our activities rotating around 3 main pillars:
Challenges you’ll own.
- You will lead national and international R&D projects and contracts focused on flood modelling and mapping
- You will work with our team on implementing valuable geospatial products, identify and creatively solve technical and scientific challenges
- You will show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company, as well as guiding and supporting with your experience the junior staff
- You can contribute to our scientific research, participating to events and international conferences, as well as written publications and other media content
Type of contract.
We offer an open-ended contract position (CDI), conditional upon satisfactory performance review after 1 year.
Your background & skills.
- Academic degree (MSc complemented by a PhD) in geosciences, engineering or related quantitative/numerical fields
- Strong general knowledge about flood processes in hydrology and/or hydrodynamic modeling
- 10+ years of experience in hydraulic modeling and a strong knowledge of standard open-source/licensed modeling packages such as HEC-RAS, SOBEK, MIKE, TUFLOW, TELEMAC-MASCARET, LISFLOOD-FP, and similar
- Strong computer programming skills in one or more of the common languages, such as Python, C, C++, R, etc.
- Well-versed in data analytics, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), and interoperable web services is a plus
- Knowledge about High-Performance Computing and/or cloud-computing is a plus
- Fluent and transparent communicator, with a strong knowledge of English (main working language) and excellent interpersonal skills
We’re based in the Dudelange Innovation Hub, in the south of Luxembourg, with other innovative startups & free parking.
Are you up for the challenge?
Then join us!
Send us your CV via email using the button below.
Our dynamic team is looking for a passionate flood modeler to work on challenging R&D projects and contracts focused on flood mapping and modeling, using computer models, remote sensing (EO), and in-situ data sets.
Awesomeness you bring.
- A passion to help solve climate change and make a real impact for a number of SDGs using computer models and geospatial technologies
- Energetic team player with an attitude to build something truly incredible with us
- Observing, adapting and improving is in your nature. Being pragmatic and committed to move forward, you are always ready for the next step
- An interest in looking to ‘do things differently’ to drive our culture of innovation
- Proactive can-do attitude, as well as an ambitious, hands-on mentality
- Inquisitive mind – your curiosity has no limits and you’re able to pick things up quickly
- Ability to guide and mentor junior staff, if needed
Benefits you can expect.
- Be part of our motivated, international team with a fast-growing start-up mindset
- A meaningful working experience and exposure to different facets of flood modeling, allowing you to develop invaluable skills and make a positive impact on society
- We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. We truly believe it is the growth and empowerment of our people that enables us to succeed!
- A casual environment with flexible hours and some ability to work remotely
- Networking opportunities during conferences and key events in Luxembourg and abroad
- Negotiable compensation based on skills and previous experience